Thread: Install Problem
View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2021, 10:46 PM

Private

krmiller is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Install Problem

My new pc is an i5 with 8 GB memory running Win 10 build 19041 with a Nvidia GTX1650 with 1 GB memory, my current monitor supports display up to 1680x1050 according to the settings.

I installed in D:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\SPWW2
winSPWW2 V10.01-CD(2017)
winSPWW2 Ver9-Ver14 Consolidation Upgrade(2021)
Set it to Run as Administrator

Help shows Version: March 2021

With my Display at 1650x1080 if I run it in Full Screen, Direct X it works fine for a while, then it will suddenly minimize itself, when I attempt to restore it is scrambled and even though I can make out some of the buttons they no longer work. I have to close it from the task bar or with Task Manager. It ran fine this way in my old duo core.

If I run it in Windowed, Direct X it works until I get to 1182x864, but I am using less than the full screen. Beyond that the game screen is blurry and the buttons don't work.

In Desktop Window mode the game screen is not desktop size, it takes up about the middle 1/3 of the screen and is cut into two diagonal displays and again the buttons don't work. Even tried reducing my Display Setting but trying to use Desktop results in the same thing regardless of Display setting.

Tried running Windows compatibility tester, it set it for Win 8, I then tried setting it for compatibility for XP and Win 7, makes no difference.

The game worked fine in full screen on my old core duo machine and I'm using the same monitor I used with it. I wouldn't mind playing in windowed mode if it filled the screen, using 1/3 of a 20 inch monitor is a bit ridiculous, was bigger on my old 14" crt monitor.

Any other suggestions ?