View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

VedalkenBear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nation - Lodum : Viral Death - version 0.39

As far as gem production goes, the default for MA is 5 gems. This is true of all vanilla MA nations, to my knowledge, except Pythium. (And I'm not sure why Pythium gets a pass here.)

Your troops don't need Sermon of Courage, so I would be using the Necromancer to raise Soulless, more than likely. Or Longdead Horsemen if he can do those. 5 Longdead Horsemen/turn is never nothing to sneer at.

The whole disease thing, while thematic, is really bizarre. It seems to serve no purpose. I would suggest either removing it, or giving the nation a national spell to cause large scale decay, which should trigger diseased units to gain a large number of random afflictions.

While the concept of a dual bless looks nice, I honestly don't see how you can afford _anything_ with the scales required to get that bless.

If you intended Astral to be the weakest path, why is there a commander who is guaranteed to get 3S, at a cost lower than other MA nations? Consider that the _best_ Astral nations in the MA (among them Arco, Pythium, and Bandar Log) have their best path being Astral, and their default is... 3S.

The first game I played, I tried taking Sloth. The results were... not encouraging in the least.

Looking to test more tonight.