View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kaleva, Songs of Sorcery - 0.87 released

Weight class do mostly exist for bare-handed combat sports, there are no such things in swordsmanship. The classical figure of the six feet tall barbarian dominating the battlefield is romantic and unrealistic. Do you know swords also hurt big people ? No need to have big muscles to kill someone. And I didn't wished you to get hurt in melee, was just raising a few facts. (IE : you could have been pressed into service, like many youngsters at that time...)

I'm pretty convinced that speed (for which you need muscles if it's a heavy sword you are wielding), the power behind your strikes (penetration) and range (6 feet tall) are all considerable advantages in melee with most weapons.

Even in fencing with foils these things are true and that would be one of the weapons where the impact would be the least.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.