Thread: Ban-a-thon
View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2010, 07:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sensori is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ban-a-thon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
Not caring about the rules is considered enougth to be punished (well, more often than not), in our western world.
No it's not. You aren't punished for not caring about the rules, but for breaking the rules. Otherwise no one could say anything bad about any laws in place, since that in itself would be a violation. That's the difference between a supposedly democractic Western country and a totalitarian regime. And there are some rules that are bent constantly with very little consequence (like jaywalking; how often do people get fined for that?).

Quote:
Plus creating a special case for someone tends to weaken the rule overall, and, to speak frankly, I see enougth of priviledged people at work, and in real life, for not having to bear with some on the forum I do occasionally frequent.
Yes, because **** is treason and the only appropriate response to it is exile. Just because you're jealous of other people's good fortunes in real life doesn't mean that they actually are more privileged in any other sense than having more cash and other material wealth than you. Unless you live in a country with rampant corruption, of course.

Quote:
Not that I personnally care much about the outcome of this conflict. Whatever will be fine for me.
But you still care enough to post about it!