View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why do you play dominions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
First that people have been trying to enforce a certain way of playing, which isn't true. And second that the forming of dom3mods was a consequence of different attitudes towards how to play the game, which isn't true. Those are lies.

I couldn't care less about where you advertise your games, as long as it is in the appropriate subforum and non-intrusive. But I don't like outright lies.
What I said was that some playing groups bled off to their own forums. Multiple. Plural. Im well aware of the creation of Dom3Mods and I have been all support of it since its beginning. YOU seem to be the one trying to make everything about dom3mods. To be truthful, of the dozen or so forums that I frequent for dom3 conversations dom3mods is the last one I think of. It isnt that big a deal to me.

After some false starts at posting this I think I have my customer support hat back on. Wording helps so let me try again. We did used to have people who would offer helpful expert advice in new mp threads on why strange game settings, or quirky maps, or extreme variations should not be played. Especially if they gave new players a wrong impression of the games they would be playing later. They often did not then play in those games but did drop in to provide helpful leadership in the games setup. Many of our experts seem to have migrated. That is of course a loss to this forum.