Thread: LE Mictlan woes
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

Wauthan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LE Mictlan woes

I only play singleplayer so my advice might not be of much help.

1. Blood 9 blessing makes your sacred troops into "kamikaze curse bombers". That is they put a curse (greatly increased chance of afflictions) on the unit that kills them. Mictlan is just about the only nation that can put this effect into a strategy since they got such plentiful sacred troops. Not such an optimal blessing for the jaguar warrior though.

2. Water is a good solid blessing for Mictlan. Closing in fast and boosting defence is a good tactic for unarmoured troops, especially the eagle warriors. I personally prefer nature 9 blessing since I find that it works well with jaguar warriors (it's worthless for eaglewarriors though). Nature 9 and Blood 6 lets the jaguar warriors hit with the strength of Jotuns.

3. Not that much experience with that, since Mictlan practically screams "bless strategy dammit!". Mictlan armies are thougher than one might give them credit for though, but they need backup from spellcasters and summoned creatures to deal with heavily armoured units. But with good scales you can quickly field *a lot* of spellcasters since sacred troops demand less upkeep.

4 & 5. Hard to give any tips since I have no idea what strategy your currently using. High tier water magic is not exactly of the "I win now" variety. Since you favor that particular nation I assume got several good strategies already. Perhaps you could post some specific problems you keep running into?