View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:58 PM

First Lieutenant

Huzurdaddi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I suck with Pythium ... please help!

Quote:

I've found it very easy to use Principe cost effectively - as such I'm probably over using them.

I have the same problem. They are so good that it's hard to stop using them. They really are excellent troops.

Quote:

hat about Emerald Guards?

Well their stats are fantastic. But their strat move of 1 worries me. As such I never build them. Too bad, since they are so excellent.

Quote:

Currently I'm fighting Abysia, and I've found it particularly difficult to kill devils.

Indeed that is why I made this post originally. While I was killing the devils at a great rate in the game ( mostly due to errors on the other player's side ) I knew that once he got his act together I was cooked. There really was little I could do to stop them.

All I can say is that nifel flames and shimmering fields are your friends. Those two spells kick *** a little, although they are expensive.

Also falling frost does hurt the devils and that worked somewhat ok. So quickness, communion master, with at least 8 or even better 16 communicants, and falling frost x3 hurts the devils.

But devils are *hard* to kill. They are one amazing troop. And they are basically free. I find that the combination of great SC's and devils make blood empires really hard to combat if they get rolling.

Quote:

quickness, communion master, banish demon X3

I'll be honest here. I've never tried that. But I have to ask: have you? I mean devils have an MR of 17 which is what gives Pythium fits since a lot of Pythium's battle magic has an MR check. I can see it working, but if that works I think that mass soul slay would work just as well. Perhaps I'm wrong. I would love to hear how you got it working.

Quote:

not arch-theurgs, unless you have some special need for their communioned random - say a 1N arch-theurg, communioned, can cast relief x 5

That random is golden for Pythium it's true. There are so many possibilities that really can make battles easier. It's too bad that Pythium's magic is so painfully locked into 3 paths. But if they had magic like arco with the very cheap communicant it would be too powerful ( but oh so fun to play ).