View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Andrew Lonon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM - Where is New Button or Scenario List

Bill:

I think Strider has done an excellent job covering this issue as far as what you need to do to get things going. I hope that the *.txt thing is the problem in this case – if not, please remain as amazingly patient as you have been and let us work with you.

Now – Why Salvo! works this way is something that I can add that may (at least) help explain the situation - FWIW. The essential kink in the system is that the GUI hooks for the FileIO system in the development package do not let you {me the programmer} specify a default location, at least not as far as I know - and I have looked. However, the FileIO code does remember the last directory path, so it is just the first Open and Save that will be pointing to your documents folder – or something like that. The first time you ‘Open’ or ‘Save Special’ a Salvo battle the OS GUI browser will be out of whack, but subsequent accesses should remember the selected location. (Unless, as I think happens for Strider, other games or Apps cause the default path to be set to a different location.)

------------------------------------------
“Do you have a PDF version of the manual available?” & “PDF manual : That's an Andrew/Shrapnel question....”

No. Including a PDF Manual was strictly forbidden by Shrapnel Games. This is a policy intended to make software piracy harder and to add value to the Shrapnel product.

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Ratty