View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2023, 08:33 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Scenarios and/or Campaigns for 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSheppard View Post
Posting this as I may not have time to get back to them.

965 - Original random shotgun VPs
966 - Relocated some VPs and changed values to try to get the AI to be slightly smarter.

Granted, all my playtesting consisted of putting the AI vs AI on this one as I didn't have full time to fully playtest; so your mileage may vary.

This is kind of intended to be a somewhat balanced engagement on both sides.

Quote:
Jacks and a Tortoise*
Date: November 3, 1945*
Battle Type: UK vs German Meeting Engagement*
Description: Following the heavy storms of 8-10 June 1944 that badly damaged both Mulberry A and B, the Allied advance into France stalemated as the tonnage entering France wasn't enough to support operations against intense German counterattacks.*
It is now November 1945 and the men of the 3rd Royal Tank Regiment (3RTR) and the 8th Rifle Brigade are finally approaching the border of the "Thousand Year Reich". They are the first British Armoured Regiment to be re-equipped with the new "General Pershing" Mark I/II tanks, and are quite anxious to try them out.*
Additionally, the chaps at Nuffeld have done a remarkable job in delivering their prototype on schedule; 3RTR is to assist them in the combat evaluation of the Tortoise.*
NOTES: In June 1944, the US Tank Production Plan for 1945 called for 2,060 x T26E3 (90mm) and 2,728 x T26E2 (105mm) to be produced, with 750 x T26 (90mm) and 400 x T26 (105mm) reserved for the British.*
This program was still in effect as late as 17 Feb 1945 when General Gladeon M. Barnes' office discussed the assignment of the Pershing. The British at that point still scheduled for 1,150 x Pershings to be delivered to them for 1945; and were pushing for 15 x Pershings to be released to them for training. On 19 Feb 1945, Barnes ordered the fifteen tanks released.*
About two months later, the dreams of the Royal Armoured Corps were brutally ended as April 1945 saw Pershing production massively cut. The last approved wartime production program dated 31 July 1945 had a bit over 3,000 Pershings for 1945; foreclosing the British Pershing. Ultimately, with the end of WWII, only 2,202 Pershings would be built.*
Likewise in the UK, the schedule for the A39 Tortoise called for the first prototype to be ready in September 1945. With V-E Day, followed shortly by V-J Day, the project lost a lot of its impetus and took several more years to be completed. *

I assume this is meant to be an alt-history scenario ?

Quote:
It is now November 1945 and the men of the 3rd Royal Tank Regiment (3RTR) and the 8th Rifle Brigade are finally approaching the border of the "Thousand Year Reich"

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 20th, 2023 at 10:42 AM..