Thread: Scenario Red Raiders v Aggies 06/2020
View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2020, 11:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Red Raiders v Aggies 06/2020

Sea Story (i.e. the US Navy/USMC version of "This happened, tho what I'm about to tell you has be embellished a "bit".) time:

When I was stationed in Scotland in 1975 for one reason or another the powers that be decided it would be good for US/UK relations if a bunch of US Marines acted as the OpFor for a training exercise for the Sandhurst (i.e. the UK "West Point") cadets.

Things went pretty much as expected until the final battle, an assault on the OpFor position. As I understand it in the UK many of the medical personnel are Conscious Objectors (damn good idea if you ask me, let them serve in a capacity that doesn't violate their beliefs), the US Navy Corpsman (i.e. medic) with us was a guy nicknamed "Tiny" (you can guess how huge he was from that) who was a Vietnam vet ... where he'd earned a Navy Cross (one step below the Congressional Medal of Honor).

As our position was being over run by the cadets "Tiny" jumped into one of the last positions to be overwhelmed and M60 machinegun in one hand and a radio in the other calling in (simulated) artillery atop our own position.

What stands out was British Sgt Major all but having an orgasm at the sight of this. "That's the way to fight!"

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: