Thread: WW Editor?
View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM

Private

Draxis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WW Editor?

Working on a WW editor has been very interesting, of all the editors I have made, this one has sucked up the most time. Not sure why. Anyways, I tracked down what I thought was a bug in my program to 2 of your data files:

muk_ftr.ini - Line 12 - missing an un-used value from the thruster line
pri_ftr.ini - Line 12 - same as above.

Lines read: 'THRU 32 53 128 188 180 1'
Should read: 'THRU 32 53 128 188 180 0 1

Or something like that...

Fingers:

I tried creating item slot shapes, but I couldnt see how to get PaintX to use alpha channels for transparency. It looked pretty terrible without, particularly on the sprite view (where they overlapped a lot), so abandoned that for the colour dots. It may work ok with slot shapes just on the silhouette, I will look into it sometime.

Ship sprites are drawn, frame outlines will be fairly easy to add - changing frames will get done the same time as fragments. Ship Icons, I am planning to get that implemented along with items, I have never done offset or cropping on VB images before, not sure how much functionality VB or PaintX has in that area.

Currently, the parameter data (like for flags) is hardcoded. The prototype of the item editor I am working on is dynamic, would be easy to shift the data to a configuartion file and read it in that way.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions