View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:40 PM

Private

AxisWarlord is on a distinguished road
Post Major Problem with Colonial Field Gun IF class #224

Gentlemen,

I was taking a break from the major rework of the German OOB that I've been slowly working on,
as I want to submit it complete,
and for an interesting change have been reworking the Polish OoB with many New Units/Formations and some correcting of existing units/Frmns.

Along the way, during one of many trial games (both vs PC and person-person),
I have run into a Major Problem with Colonial Field Gun IF class #224.
I have used this for Kawalery (Polish Cavalry) Art (incl. unit 414 that I moved into this class along with New Sch75mm Mod1912 & Mod1914 guns) but have temporarily had to move them into class 154 to utilize their IF capability.
Even though Colonial Field Gun class #224 specifically states "Fires Indirect" in the guide, it doe NOT!
[No matter how many turns one plays they are Never available for IF.]
Range also does not seem to be a factor.
Very Puzzling??

This problem is not just with the 1 OOB,
it seems to apply to all, I checked each one.
[Not one of the units with Wpns in Colonial Field Gun IF class #224 can fire IF or even show up on the IF availability list.]
Following is a list of all 5 nations this affects, with affected Formations noted:

Poland:
3 Art guns - New 75mm vz.02/26FG Wpn #50 with correct IF Range of 170, New Sch75mm Mod1912 & New Sch75mm Mod1914 guns
(tried Short (60)/Medium (90-120)/Long Range (170-204) and other than DF capable, IF Unfortunately does NOT work)
with 190 & 204 IF Range.
3 New Formations - 10Bde Mot ArtBn; Kaw Fld Gun Bty; & Kaw Fld Gun Trp.

Great Britain:
3 Long Range Colonial Field Guns in existing Formations: Col Field Guns & Col Fld Gun/T.

Belgium:
1 Short Range Colonial Field Gun in Col Gun Bty & Col Gun Bty/P.
Also, there seem to be 2 Colonial Field Guns in Howitzer class #9 & a Cav FG Bty/M Frmn that should be in Colonial Field Gun IF class #224, with the Frmn using Tag units #271 in slots 1 thru 4 (vs unit 40).

Japan:
1 INA Medium Range Colonial Field Gun unit in a INA Hvy Wpn Plt.

Italy:
4 Medium - Long Range Colonial Field Guns in a Art Coloniale Frmn.

Please check into this when time permits.

Regards,
Axis Warlord

PS: Happy Holidays to all.