View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:56 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bretonnia, Knights of the Grail v.0.95

Just posting to note a few things I realized a while back about this nation. Not really balance comments here!

1) Grail Maidens are perfect dragon master casters... basically every n3 maiden can cast become spam either wyverns or ice drakes without boosters. The e randoms of course can do cave drakes, though those would always require at least one booster. This is a really good way to use air and water gems if you don't have Call of the Lake or Ride the Winds, and could be worth using later depending on what you need at the time.

2) Grail Maidens are also very similar to Oreiads, and can do most of what they can do. Which means you can consider using them as cloud trapezing thugs. Coupled with spells like Errantry War and Ride the Winds along with recruit everywhere pegasus knights, this nation has some serious raiding potential. Maidens are definitely not as good at this as Oreiads though, so you need to be a bit more careful when using them.

3) An awake or dormant mother of rivers could be a really awesome pretender for bretonnia. You can then summon (relatively) huge amounts of grail knights using your boosted W income. Grail knights don't really need a bless to be effective, but you can relatively easily get a decent one with this chassis (up to w9 dormant without being too painful). Actually in light of this as an available pretender, I am having a lot of trouble seeing why I would ever use the lady of the lake. The lady seems like a really niche pretender in her present form... anyone else feel a bit more generously about her?
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP