View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Default winSPMBT - Brigade Combat Teams

2012/02/25
After consideration from fellow wargamers posting in this thread, I'm posting the Combined Arms Batalion (CAB) Tank Team. I've added a few formations to the OOB12 file in slots above 900. Check out the chart and let me know what you think. Notably, a Javelin team is attached to a Mech Inf and Cavalry Platoon. Additionally, I've created an Attack/Recon Helo Platoon composed of an AH-64 and an OH-58 helo. I believe Artillery will remain at Brigade, therefore, I did not include arty units.

2012/01/28
I'm not satisfied with the current US OOB as it seems to harken back to the ACR days. I would like to build tank and mech inf teams similar to what we find today as a result of the Army's creation of brigade combat teams.

For example, the Army has placed calvary units in Bradlys tasked with recon, screen, and security missions. The ACR is no more and we find armor units are once again pure tank companies. However, if I want to create a combined arms tank team, I have to purchase my units ad hoc as there are no organic tank or mech inf teams in the US OOB.

A tank team may have a section of SP arty, but we can not purchase a SP arty section from the US OOB. I need a lt attack helo and an Apache but I can not purchase a single Kiowa from the current US OOB. These are just a few hurdles I have to address when designing a scenario using the Army's BCT combined arms force.

As I understand winSPMBT, we can create formations for inclusion in the US OOB or simply create a modified OOB. However, does that mean, a designer has to port the modified OOB when publishing the scenario?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3x2 CAB Tank Team Org Chart v2.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	11706  

Last edited by shahadi; February 25th, 2012 at 10:47 PM..