View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT - Brigade Combat Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post

A tank team may have a section of SP arty, but we can not purchase a SP arty section from the US OOB. I need a lt attack helo and an Apache but I can not purchase a single Kiowa from the current US OOB.

You WILL when the next patch is released....

These are easy changes that fit in with the existing structure so what else do you need? We can provide the building blocks once we know what's required and then players can build the formations they need. Just don't build something with Tanks, Helos and SP arty all combined together
Don
Thanks DRG for the encouragement. I will continue to look into the requirements for Heavy Brigade Combat Teams as I notice there is a Stryker Brigade Combat Team in the OOB so I'll leave that one alone.

As for building blocks I am putting those requirements together while looking at what is in the existing OOB. The current TO&E seems a very good match just needs a little tweaking here and there as Shuiir suggests in the case of the Lt Attach Helo. Essentially, I'd look for platoon of 4 tanks, a separate tank HQ formation of a tank and a BFV, a platoon of mech inf in BFVs of seven man squads, a separate mech inf HQ formation, a platoon of Cav scouts riding in Bradleys of six vehicle squads of four man squads (3 or 4 man squads), a sp arty section, a single Kiowa in either a soout or lt attack package, single spaa (the linebacker will have to do) formation, a single ammo truck (to attach as a combat train to each platoon of tanks or to support mech inf units,) a single BFV that could serve as HQ command vehicle or as taxi for atgm teams, etc.