View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Primordial Cake - [Game In Progress]

Stuff happens. I wouldn't sweat it. I could tell that people were struggling with their turns, so I probably should have mentioned something earlier.

I sometimes get paranoid about getting my turn in time, so I'll often send in a preliminary turn and then send in updates. In fact, I probably send in 5-10 updates each turn now because there's always a bunch of things I miss.

Each one of these turns is like a separate project for me. I start off by creating a outline of what I want to accomplish each turn and then break that into tasks that I do in separate sittings. For instance, yesterday after I got my turn, I just focused on recruitment where all I do is figure out what units I need. Sometimes, I'll just focus on a single battle if it requires a lot of scripting. I even have a spreadsheet of all the territories with population, defenses, etc., so I can keep track of troop movements and weak points.

This is all fun (I love deep war games), but I could easily spend all day every day working on these turns if I let it. There's been a few times where I realized I like 3:00 AM I made a bone-headed move and then went to the computer to adjust my turn. My wife probably thinks I have a girl-friend on the side