Thread: Scenario Playtesters wanted
View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playtesters wanted

Wow, reads like a novel, plays like an RPG game... this is unique.

Actually I was a bit confused (initially) at the mission statement. Didn't know what to do except load the grunts and drive 'em somewhere with the old man's chick
But then I figured it out after re-reading the novella. Better re-state the mission in a clear cut order, and put it somewhere after the story. But if that's your style (enjoying the story and know what to do), then no problem.

And then, really it plays like an SP styled RPG game. Controlling single-or-two man units with high cost points put on it (didn't realize this at first) and insert them behind the lines to harass british forces. It needs a bit of patience indeed, hence the long turn.

A bit of suggestion: unit's naming would be good left at stock (i mean the unit's name when you hover the mouse over them). For when I embarked the lads and try to select one of those stacked units, i didn't know which one really to choose (the car, the mg, the hunter/sniper?) as they have names on it (i mean real names). Maybe try putting real names only at the unit info screen's leader name field. But again, if one understands (and remembers) the story, no problem; he'll be able to distinguish between the MG, the Chick, the sniper, the HQ, all by their very real names only.

Overall, it's a nice scen different from most.

Zen
The Following User Says Thank You to RightDeve For This Useful Post: