Thread: Utility Sprite Editing Tutorial
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sprite Editing Tutorial

Whoa, Dave! You've been productive. I'll just equip my +5 monocle of criticism and be on my way. If I don't comment on unit, my opinion defaults to "it's awesome"

C: I really like the pose. He seems to be meditating/mourning. I'd remove some of those dark pixels in his armpit and backside, thought. His waist also looks a tad too dark, I can't really figure out where his stomach is. The skirt is too square as 90 decree angles are very rare in clothing. You also should probably copy-paste the same skirt to both attack sprite and base sprite.

H: This pic probably got deformed in the "sofar"ing process. Is that thing his head? The toga is a bit too square in this one too. That "few dark lines" effect to create shading in the toga looks good.

J: Remember how I said that my opinion defaults to awesome? I mention this Flag because it is awesome to the power of two.

K: Oh. From your first pics I thought that his guy had a afro/ manly large cache of hair of sorts. Sad to see it gone, it looked pretty good. Like a lion mane.

L: The armour looks a lot better now. Good job.

The Lion-guys: You shouldn't worry about eyes. All size 2 troops on Dom3 do not have eyes at all. Just a 1x2 pixels white box with a tad darker colors.

Those Lion riders look very good. Very nice choice of colors for the hair and mane. Looks majestic to the extreme.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.