View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:54 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Request for more cooperation in order to improve the game

First, Aaron's words:

The first one was made recently:
[quote]I've already made those posts in the past and no one responded. Even you did
not not respond with the items I requested. It looks like 1.09 will be the
last.

And this clearly states his wishes in order to be able to improve the AI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfador Machinations
Hi All,

Yes, I have received the manifestos, and yes I have read the forums. 75% of the manifestos are change and addition suggestions. The remaining 25% are general descriptions of why the AI is not strong enough. General descriptions are very difficult to reproduce. I need specifics.

The following information should be in bug reports:
1. Version of the Game
2. Type of game you're playing - Single Player, Multi Player, Hotseat, TCP/IP.
3. Section of the game - Movement, Combat, Install, Purchasing, AI, etc.
4. Detailed Description
5. Why you feel this is incorrect behavior.
6. Steps to reproduce
7. Savegame
8. Screenshots
9. Debug Log

Obviously, you can't provide all of the preceeding information in every case. But savegames and screenshots are very important. AI actions often develop over several turns. I need to be able to see what the player is doing, and how the AI is reacting to it. AI behavior is strongly dictated by the player's actions. A different player will get a different reaction.

Aaron
The problem was: No user sent in support tickets containing this information, so Shrapnel and Malfador assume there are no problems. And the only way to change their opinion is : SEND IN SUPPORT TICKETS CONTAINING ALL PROBLEMS YOU ENCOUNTERED WITH THE GAME'S AI, WITH FEATURE REQUESTS ETC.
I'm not going to repeat this anymore. Anyone who isn't willing to do this should simply leave. I don't care about you. I've simply changed my mind and want to see some action again.
And I'll be sure to comply with this myself and send in some bug reports. Please make sure you ONLY use the support system in the Gamer Front/the official Shrapnel shop, because Shrapnel and Malfador will disregard any reports made in the forums, even in the official bug report threads you see at the top of the page when you enter these forums. We have made manifestos and bug reports there after patch 1.09 was released, but Malfador simply decided to ignore them. And since we didn't use the support system to send them in, Shrapnel assumed there were no bug reports/ feature request. I think this makes the point what you must do, but I'll add another statement by customer support here:

Quote:
Hi spillblood (name changed):

Let me assure you that any reports that come through customer support are discussed with Aaron. What is reported in the forums is between you and the other users and fans of the game. Only reports through customer service are considered by Shrapnel. Now having said that I do know that Aaron is aware of the reports in the forums. The problems our developers face is that they have limited resources to work on their projects and to upgrade a preexisting game they must have a substational database of problems to fix to stop other projects for an upgrade. Your insistance that the AI needs improvement is just not supported by customer support requests at this time. Even of you count the forums posts on AI, you are only looking at less than 10 complaints. That is just not enough to drop everything to rush to fix the problem.

Most of our developers release patches on a schedule - 6 months or a year - and are not patching games month after month. We have many more positive customer support tickets, talking about how much the game is enjopyed, than negative tickets complaining of problems. We will continue to follow the AI issue and if we see eenough requests for change, we will make it a top priority.

As to the banning of a forum member it is our policy not to diiscuss these issues with anyone other than the person disciplined. I hope you understand.

Best regards,

Tim Brooks
Customer Support
The Gamers Front
www.GamersFront.com
Shrapnel Games, Inc.
www.ShrapnelGames.com
I think this details Shrapnel's opinion. You know what you must do, DO IT!
There's not other way to get further patches for this game and revive the community. We must play by Shrapnel's rules!
Please send your support requests here:
https://www.gamersfront.com/store/support.php

Last edited by spillblood; August 1st, 2011 at 06:08 AM..