Old May 3rd, 2022, 07:20 PM

Corporal

lansoar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4K and large monitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Jim Worth
I sent him a few OOB requests back in the day when SP2 came out.
I didn't get much traction on the SAM thing either...though I note that WinSP has much much higher ACC values now and they are generally much more dangerous. (which I am thankful for....that and better Helicopter staying power....so annoying to have my birds go into retreat mode after a few bullets shot in their direction)

The Singular weapon issue that might equip tanks going from "modern" 1990s all the way back to the 70s did in fact get a responding email from Jim, acknowledging the problem. Because of the way the code works of course, the solution was and remains.....to create many different versions of the same weapon (like the 105mm NATO gun) with different sub designations and different PEN and other values. Made playing Warsaw Pact a lot more fun and less frustrating. I remember some players seeing even the strongest Soviet tanks of the 70s/80s eras being destroyed with ease at near max range by 105 armed tanks (using 1990s desert storm ammo values) as "proof" that Soviet equipment was junk....regardless of era.

Quote:
SSI had decided that every British AFV had to have the "FV" numbers as part of thier name. presumably because they were used to the USA using M113, M60 etc. Whereas we Brits never, ever used the FV numbers barring the FV432, because our American allies sniggered at its given name of "Trojan", I believe, why IDK! Also for the M109 and other USA supplied SP-arty. But for vehicles the "proper" name was always used. "Chieftain", "Fox" etc.
lol. Have to admit, I struggle at times with the historical German language designations for units and groups in WinSPWW2. I tend to get lost after "Panzer".

anyway long story short....I moved into play testing for Matrix starting with WAW....then Uncommon Valor...then developer/tester/historical consultant for War in the Pacific and WitP Admiral's edition. Fun times for a period when I had far more time and energy for such passion projects. Now I just sit in my rocking chair and play WinSP along with a return to air Simms.