View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2005, 02:06 PM

Private

Kaljamaha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yes, this is a silly question

Quote:
bruno_bac said:
I would really make the map available (where to post it?) if I can finish it...
You can post it in this forum, just attach it to your post. The limit is 30 Mb, if I remember correctly. Any reasonable sized (compressed) targa should fit in that, and the space the map file takes up is negligible.

Quote:
Right now I found a white 2 pixel spot, meaning a duplicate province, when editing region borders and data. It messed all my work. Do you Photoshop-using guys know of a system to be certain (when you click with the pencil) to leave ONLY one white pixel on the map?

Zoom in real close and check? What I did was have one layer where I would place black circles to mark provinces, sort of slap them in where I thought appropriate. Then, on another layer on top of that, place the actual provinces, that is, the 255,255,255 pixels. The dark background helps to see the white dot, and also spot any anomalies. When you're happy, just turn the layer with the black circles invisible.

Also, at least in GIMP (and therefore, I would assume also in Photoshop) there's a tool that counts the pixels of each color on the current layer. Use it to see if the number matches your province count.

K.

Edit: typos