View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT: Let’s all take a deep breath

I am older than most in this forum and I have no dog in this hunt. However, that being said I was a paid Moderator for Sierra in the mid 90's to around 2002. I was what they called a red shirt, when I entered the room my icon turned RED and everyone knew the MAN was there (I played the games also).

We had baiters to see how far they could push me before I kicked them out, and we had times when a cooling off period was called for.

I had 3 triggers...1. I just booted them completely out of SIGS and they could come back in 2 minutes. 2. A one week Ban (that could be appealed to the Gods that be) 3. A complete ban (that I had to fill out a whole ton of paperwork on why, etc).

I only say this because I see both sides....

Sombre and I had a set to the first 3 days I was on here and asked a question he thought was beneath anyone answering (especially him). Well, not being the backing off type we went at it for 3 pages and then it just went away. To this day I think he is a P***K.

But he also made a lot of mods that I used and enjoyed and to be honest we never spoke to one another agian.

What I DON'T understand is why he wasn't just taken aside at some point and givin an ultimatum. OR, just told to stay out of the forum if he couldn't keep his mouth shut (he never played any games anyway) or this would be the outcome. This isn't the first time his sarcastic tone was used in here and he probably DID run off a few. But what I have found in life is that those people make themselves seem MORE important by belittling others.
But he certainly was gifted in his own world of modding.

I am good friends with Truman and FL and will more than likely be on both forums because I DO have friends on both forums.

What I don't understand is this (and it is my opinion and we all know what opinions are like). You either TRUST your mods to make the right decision or you don't. The problem I see is that Shrapnel doesn't really give the mods any power other than the respect they have earned themselves on here.

Then when a problem arises the Big Guns come in and start blasting away because it IS their forum and they want it run a certain way. I think we all down deep know that it is their ballgame and their rules (I mean if you are playing BB in a gym and keep knocking people to the floor, someone is going to ask you to not come back regardless if you are Mike Smith or Mike Jordon).

Good 'ol' Mikes friends are going to leave and not come back, but new guys are going to come in and the game goes on.

So I am saying this...AGIAN you either trust your mods or you don't. Give them some actual power and they will nip this stuff in the bud because they are HERE on the forum. Only bring the big guns when the mods yell for help, let them police the forum and hand out minor infractions (after all, from what I have seen they have all earned respect on here from the players) Only have the big guys when the wagons have to be circled and we wouldn't be having these problems, and I wouldn't have to write a manuscript.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrudgeBringer For This Useful Post: