View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:24 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RoundHammer: Normandy 1943

As long as we're talking about the RoundHammer campaign...I finally got around to playing this campaign and I noticed a small problem with it. After the node 9, Belval-Gare, scenario, I managed a decisive victory, but the campaign advanced BACK to the first node 0 scenario. Looking at the campaign with the in-game edit tool shows that, while a marginal victory in the node 9 scenario will advance to node 10, a decisive victory goes back to the beginning of the campaign. Looks like a minor typo when the campaign was put together (or maybe it's just my copy ;^). I am using the latest patch, CD-version.

I did correct my version, then restarted my end-of-game save, but I still proceeded back to the beginning of the scenario. Is data such as how the campaign progresses sort of set when you begin the campaign and then it can't be modified? I do have a mid-game save I can restart, and then try to aim for a marginal victory, so I don't have to restart the campaign.

And I would just like to say thanks to Don and Andy for continuing to improve this game all these years. I first started playing Steel Panthers when it came out in the mid-90s, and it is one of the 3 computer games that I still play. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication all these years!

Steves308
The Following User Says Thank You to Steves308 For This Useful Post: