View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:31 PM

Corporal

Mario_Fr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: @Don and Andy - AFV resizing project

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMX View Post
I'm pretty sure that, technically, the German icons are too big - counting the pixels in the "stock" image:
It`s not the German icons that are too big, 90% of all the icons are in that way. You can compare the Panzer II icon (or any other German AFV) with a T-34 or a Sherman or the Matilda II and you`ll find them all scaled the same way. But in relation they are done properly, so the T-34 is approximately 6 inch for 1 pixel bigger than the Panzer II.

So it`s much easier to adapt the 10% to the majority than the other way round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
At the end of the day this is a game and the icons are merely a visual representation of the vehicle, etc they represent. They were never supposed to be in true scale (remember we have different ground scale, vehicle scale and infantry / cavalry / bike scale)
It`s true that we have different scales (infantry, vehicles, airplanes) but within the groups I don`t mind having them relatively scaled in a proper way. And it can be done by resizing roughly 10% of the vehicle icons.

If an icon is 1 or 2 pixel too small I don`t care much. But if an AFV is 25% off I do.
Resizing doesn`t take long, I`ve already done 1/4 of the work, the only question is if Don and Andy want to include these or not.

Cheers

Mario