View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Usa 1980-2020 Mod

I remember the Linebacker system, the M3A3 Cav Bradley, M2A2 Bradley, and I was on the M2A3. Company organization was simple. Out of a four-platoon infantry company, the fourth squad in each platoon was designated as Bradley crews. There used to be MOS 11M, which was crewed vehicle infantryman, but they did away with it and they just pick normal 11Bs to train on them. Reasoning being, I guess, that if your Brad is killed, you have a three-man fire team to go along with the dismounts. Anyway.. three Bradleys to a platoon, and four platoons to a company, one of them being a headquarters platoon composed of TOCroaches and PT non-performers. They should have very, very low experience at anything other than squaring away their ERBs, and plummeting morale to simulate the internet connection dropping in theater.. hehe!

I agree with you. All told, the Bradley is a good, reliable vehicle.

Still fiddling around with the mod, it's looking very good. I especially like the varieties of HumVee. It's difficult to simulate an infantry squad in theater.. we rolled in HumVees until the MRAPs arrived on my last tour. You had a nine-man squad split up in two or three HumVees, and if anything happened, the gunner and driver would stay in the vehicle while the rest of us dismounted. Impossible to replicate in SP. But again, I like the variety.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkr8683 For This Useful Post: