View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Game - MA Microless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
For anyone who hasn't noticed yet - changing all items to unforgeable levels means that you can't get items *even from random events*, because the way random events distribute items is basically a random roll on a given level of construction. Since there are no random events that give the unique unforgeable items, it is in fact very likely that you are the only person with any magic items at all
That's right! I completely forgot about that. Remember the map work you did on Threefort? In that game I set all non-unique items to level 0 and people got messages about finding an item and it never appeared in their lab. Squirrelloid realized it was probably going by level and since the game didn't find anything at levels 2/4/6 they never received an item (I assume sometimes random events give level 0 items so in those cases I suppose it would have worked).

In that case ghoul is right and it must be nice indeed to have that equipment. Though technically the Ogres have the best item since they have the champion's helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
And for anyone else who hasn't noticed yet... wow, I think this could be the first game ever where the ogres are in strong contention for winning.
The Ogres have done well, and I think are well suited for these settings, but I feel this game is very much up for grabs.

I really find this an interesting experiment. I automatically find myself thinking, "ok, I'll use that gear to accomplish x" and then realize that won't work.