View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2022, 12:17 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SPWWIII next edition of games series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
A continuance of above .. perhaps a reminder...why we are at where we are at today

These are all the nations that have joined NATO in the past 23 years ( I think I have them all )

Hungary (1999)
Czech Republic (1999)
Poland (1999)
Estonia (2004)
Latvia (2004)
Lithuania (2004)

Slovakia (2004)
Romania (2004)
Slovenia (2004)
Bulgaria (2004)
Albania (2009)

Montenegro (2017)
North Macedonia (2020)

The ones in dark red were all Warsaw pact members or part of the Soviet Union and the first WP member state to "Join" NATO was "East" Germany when it and "West" Germany rejoined in 1990 and The Warsaw Pact dissolved a year later

Every one but Russia are now NATO nations.

Yugoslavia was never a part of WP. Albania left WP in the 60s.
How many of the Warsaw Pact members willingly joined WP and how many had no choice?
From all the former Warsaw Pact members who joined NATO, how many of them did it on their own because of how much they were worried/hated USSR/Russia?

NATO was always a defensive organization, still is (as long as it's not about Turkey threatening Greece) and the countries mentioned above all despised the USSR/Russia and yes the WP.

If NATO approached countries and forced them to join NATO yes that would be an issue, but that's not what happened.

Regardless, nothing is actually relevant with the current invasion and war of Ukraine. Not WP, not Cuba, not Antarctica. It's just an excuse as clearly was shown with the 8000 word speech given by Putin about the invasion when NOT ONCE was NATO mentioned. Instead he tried and still tries to ignore the mere existence of a country of 40 million because he wants to swallow it into Russia.

I don't know how some people find excuses for this war. Disgusting.