Thread: Scenario Red Raiders v Aggies 06/2020
View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2022, 09:28 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Red Raiders v Aggies 06/2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLT View Post
Good scenario.

Playable against AI only since an assault over open ground at a 1:1 force ratio against a human is suicide.

The small size really makes the player focus on infantry tactics of fire and movement.
Yes, you're correct. I'll amend the scen txt advising the scenario should be played from the side of the Red Raiders.

Thanks.

Wreck 'em, guns up Red Raider Battalion!
If it is, why the hell people do train this scenario
This scenario is best played against the AI so that a player gets the feel of small unit fire and movement tactics. To do so, move your units no more than two hex at a time, 100m, or no more than 4mph. At the road, move your mouse over the map to locate terrain with height equal to -2. Once contact is made do not return fire; simply rely on opportunity fires; therfore keep your units close so as to place a lot of lead on the target.

At the time that I built the scenario, I couldn't decide how to place natural cover (concealment) such as field depressions, feld trees, thick shrubs, etc.

Additionally, I had forgotten to modify the javelin teams with at 1 least HE round. I got this idea while researching marine operations in Helmand province of Afghanistan; I witnessed (youtube) a young marine successfully fire off a javelin round at a Taliban position.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post: