View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2008, 02:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Small games available (Blitz, CBM and Allied AI's)

Are you able to connect to any dom3 servers?
I dont seem to have a problem.
Maybe you can send me your IP address. I might have it blocked altho I block very few IPs

There is a map command
#allies {number} {number}
so I generate the random map for the game, and then randomly select AIs for that age. Then I append the map with lines to ally those AIs.
#allies 0 2
will make Arcos and Ulm in an era 1 game set as allies. They will not attack each other. It doesnt seem to do anything more than that but it makes a big difference when they arent throwing armies at each other and both concentrate on you.
(no need to do an #allies 2 0 back, it handles both ways)

I also created a scenario of a mod&map which put all 3 Pangaeas and both Oceanias in one game all allied. I called it "Natural Selection" and the description started out "Mother Nature is Pissed!"
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)