DennisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
theres nothing wrong with my manual and i use firefox, BTW: re-install your internet explorer or you'll have problems with updates, installs and such things
I should...but I would rather face a Tiger tank in a Sherman than expose my computer to risk by using Explorer!
I use firefox, and have absolutely no problems with viewing the Game Guide, whether launched from the Game Options programme or manually.

You should leave Microsoft Internet Exploder installed even if you do not plan to use it. I don't apart from checking for updates. Microsoft Widows update uses it (active X controls that only work in exploder) and any programme such as the Game Options programme that calls shellexecute needs it to be there, (as the initial O/S "hook" I believe) even if the O/S then redirects the URL to the new default browser.

Cheers
Andy
OK, this I understand.

I haven't actually un-installed Explorer, the O/S clearly won't let me.

I use Firefox as my default browser, and I have deleted the shortcut to Explorer to prevent my wife and daughter from accessing it. Time for Plan "B", which is the same thing I say when I see Panzers.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.