View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Illuminating artillery rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric View Post
If it doesn't, is it feasible to consider development of something alike for future patches?

Patricio
I cannot speak for Andy & Don, but I have programed computers for a living and have some idea how incredibly difficult something like this would be to add to the game.

A) Would have to add a new field to the entire data base for the illumination ammo type so it could be added to the ammo loadout.
B) Obviously the illumination radius would vary, a 152mm artillery round would illuminate a much larger radius then a 60mm mortar. So code for this would have to be created/added.
C) Every existing OOB and scenario would have to be updated to add illum ammo.
D) Artificial Intelligence would have to be created/added to allow the computer to use illum ammo.

Those are just 4 complications I thought of off the top of my head. There are at least a dozen others that would have to be delt with.

As iCaMpWiThAWP said, "I would guess that it's not in the plans".

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein