Thread: SCENARIOS!
View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road
Default 2/11 ACR November 1976

From the readme:

2/11 ACR November 1976

This scenario is another of the "what if" variety and based on my recollections as to serving in the 2/11/ACR along the East German border(1974-1976).

Only the actual combat units in this Cav Squadron are included with all squadron level logistical support eliminated,but bearing that in mind, the actual remaining TO&E of the 2nd Squadron is represented here. Off map artillery is courtesy of our M109A1 "How" Battery,and the 41st Artillery Battalion,based 2 blocks away from our garrison HQ in Bad Kissigen,Nord Bayern.

The East German forces are only a guestimate but we were definately outnumbered.

Our Sheridan platoons actually had 9 vehicles but the Mobhack formations only have 10 slots so I couldn't include the second platoon M113A1 in the obat012. Both scout teams are included in one APC.

The generic map was made by Epoletov(thanks!) This scenario is based upon the modified and included obat012. Make sure you have a backup installation of SPMBT before you try this one. Despite this being a fantasy scenario,please feel free to modify this scenario any way one see's fit as to improving it,especially from the East German perspective as to accuracy.

Our G-2 didn't exactly share with the line troops all they knew as to the disposition of the enemy forces across that 1500 mile long double fenced minefield. Morale in the U.S. Army was rather low at that junction of history,and it's my guess they didn't want to frighten us any more than we already were.

BTW,in 1976,I was in the 1st platoon of Fox Troop,my vehicle was Fox16. I was the gunner for the Platoon leader. When I arrived in the sping of 1974,I served briefly in Fox troop to qualify vehicle Fox 33 for annual tank gunnery,then was tranferred to the HQ Troop to be a member and eventual team leader in the Redeye section for the next 18 months. In January 1976,I asked for and received a transfer back to Fox Troop. My ETS was in early December,1976.

Our organization was:

Headquarters Troop

Echo Troop-18 M551A1 Sheridans

Fox Troop-as above

Golf Troop-as above

H Company-17 M60A1 Tanks

"How" Battery-6 M109A1 155mm Howitzers

Redeye Section-6,2 man Redeye missle teams. 6 M551A2 Jeeps with trailers carring 6 missles per team.

KWB,6 Aug/12
Attached Files
File Type: zip 11th Acr 1976.zip (127.4 KB, 384 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny For This Useful Post: