View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2018, 06:02 PM

Corporal

Spledge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feature requests for 2019

My feature requests (though over the years I've heard them dissed by the dev/owners of the game/brand):

1. One, I've requested in kind a few times over the years, an online Hotseat format. If that means a formal hosting service affiliated with Shrapnel or whoever hosts or some player group together and are able to host it securely themselves. I WOULD value being able to log into a hosted game and play my turn on a system where players CAN NOT have any access to the game files. I'd value highly playing this game where myself or others can finagle/look inside of/mine/etc with the game files at all. I'd also like a simple messaging system to generate an email or text message when it's my turn as well as other well thought out features. But above all, PBEM play where players DO NOT have access to game files.

2. Secondly, I'd like to see it possible for immobilized vehicles to "repair" themselves and become mobile again given some time/turns.

The next two harken back to a previous incarnation of Steel Panthers: @JEB Davis

3. I'd like to have an option to play the game with the old fashion but fun at times Command and Control feature.

4. Lastly, I'd also like to see the return of platoon leaders and individual artillery pieces be able to call in artillery strikes, even their own if applicable. And I believe that feature gave the artillery pieces calling in their own strikes a time bonus (reduction). And of course spotting target hexes would still be beneficial as with other spotting units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB Davis