View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2018, 02:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Feature requests for 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spledge View Post
My feature requests (though over the years I've heard them dissed by the dev/owners of the game/brand):

1. One, I've requested in kind a few times over the years, an online Hotseat format. If that means a formal hosting service affiliated with Shrapnel or whoever hosts or some player group together and are able to host it securely themselves. I WOULD value being able to log into a hosted game and play my turn on a system where players CAN NOT have any access to the game files. I'd value highly playing this game where myself or others can finagle/look inside of/mine/etc with the game files at all. I'd also like a simple messaging system to generate an email or text message when it's my turn as well as other well thought out features. But above all, PBEM play where players DO NOT have access to game files.

2. Secondly, I'd like to see it possible for immobilized vehicles to "repair" themselves and become mobile again given some time/turns.

The next two harken back to a previous incarnation of Steel Panthers: @JEB Davis

3. I'd like to have an option to play the game with the old fashion but fun at times Command and Control feature.

4. Lastly, I'd also like to see the return of platoon leaders and individual artillery pieces be able to call in artillery strikes, even their own if applicable. And I believe that feature gave the artillery pieces calling in their own strikes a time bonus (reduction). And of course, spotting target hexes would still be beneficial as with other spotting units.
In reply to

1/ The reply to this request..which only you make..is the same as it has always been......we are NOT interested and AFAIK nobody else is either. To make something like that work needs a very large pool of potential players and this is a niche game not WOT.

2/ Tanks that have become mired or disabled are normally IRL abandoned as crews have little interest in sitting in a stationary target. Stories of crews repairing tracks under fire are few and far between. So you may be interested but few others are otherwise we would have heard constant requests for it and neither Andy nor I consider it worth adding. I would be more willing to have crews automatically---- or have to pass a morale check every turn and if they fail bail out of disabled tanks... that would be at least more accurate

3/ You are referring to a game not ours....it was a mod development of SP3 so although a "previous incarnation of Steel Panthers" it is not one we strive to emulate for which the majority of the players of our to games are generally grateful. SP2 did not use a "Command and Control feature" and although every once in awhile Andy and I toss the idea around of adding one it's not something we can get all that excited about.

4/ As noted if you want that in this game simply turn Spotters to OFF in Preferences and you can call arty with arty units.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....