Thread: Range doubling
View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2020, 06:25 AM

BANNED USER

Kiwikkiwik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Range doubling

Hi Felix
The impot function is a very commonly used, straightforward, methods of importing large lumps of data into files in this case from a spreadsheet into the OOB files I'm surprised the Designers cant get it to work. Secretaries in Offices manage to do it.

1. Because if you doubled the map sizes as well you haven't changed anything if you double the ranges and leave the map as is this -effectively- makes the map hexes half size, 25m. Map hexes actually don't have a size, there size is derived from weapon range, and turn length is derived from how many hexes a unit can travel in a turn.
Unfortuneately the two measures don't match. Doubling the range brings the two measures into line. With many many added bonus's Ive listed already.

2. Doubling ranges -effectively- doubles the ROF because even though the units travel the same number of hexes per turn, and units fire the same amount of shots per turn, Th critical difference is that fired upon units are now in range for twice as many hexes.
The game "plays" exactly the same Felix. please try one of the scenarois, you wont be dissapointed.

3. Units move the same number of hexes per turn with ranges doubled.

I am not trying to change the game to suit myself. I am trying to help make the game more realistic, This change does that in spades. Because units currently attract only half the fire they should defence is severely underrated in the game.

before you decide who as you say "DO NOT" want these changes they should try the scenarios I supplied, ****the playing experience remains unchanged****.
Please try a scenario before you make such comments.

Yes the wilderness, There is no one else speaking up because of the intimidating tone set in this forum frightens people into silence. Have you noticed the kicking I get on a regular basis this is called setting an example to stop anyone else having any ideas. When they disresect me they are disrespecting every member of this forum. Thats you Felix.