Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Complaints/Concerns/Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
I'd suggest increasing the file size limits a little. How does this sound:

jpg, gif: 250 KB
other image formats: 500 KB
doc, txt, xls, pdf: 500 KB

Maybe even up to 2 MB for PDFs. If somebody writes a manual, people should be able to download it without the need to unpack it first. I don't suppose people are going to be attaching a lot of big PDFs without any reason.
I think you and Tim are discussing this elsewhere, so this is under consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Is it possible to only enable the signatures for a specific forum, with subforums? For example, my sig is only relevant to Dom3 players, and I only want it to show in the Dom3 forums. Do I need to manually check/uncheck it in the advanced editor all the time, or can I configure this somehow?
No, I'm sorry, I don't think there's a way to do this. You only have the choice to automatically display your signature or show no signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzepi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
Yes, it's a measure of protection against spammers, and as far as I know we don't have plans to alter the time limit.
Lowering it to 30 seconds would make things a lot easier for actual humans, while providing relatively the same amount of protection against bots. It's really annoying to have to sit around and wait between messages when I have 4-5 to send.

If I were you, I would implement a captcha that would expire every hour. I like recaptcha myself.

http://recaptcha.net/

I'm not sure why you are worried about spammers, though. I've never been hit by one before, and shouldn't you have a captcha on the account creation screen to keep bots out anyways? Not that they'd be smart enough to navigate the interface.

This place seems like such a poor target for a spammer.

Jazzepi
And yet, we are spammed quite frequently. I've put this up for consideration again, and will let you know what the decision-makers come back with.