View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Complaints/Concerns/Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyron View Post
From a usability perspective, some parts of the forum theme are terrible. The shades of blue used in some areas have very poor contrast between the text and background colors, leading to difficult reading. Combine this with a lot of text being tiny (9px!), and it makes for a very hard to use UI. Some particularly nasty text includes the poster info (join date, thanks, etc.) on the top right of posts and the private message information in the big bar at the top of the page. 11px is pushing it as a minimum font size, but even that still needs to have high contrast between the font and background colors.

The white text on bright blue background in the nav menu on the left is also difficult to read, due to poor contrast.
Sorry but I have to disagre some navigation could be easier but everything is very clear & easy to read. I use 1280 x1240 with a basic graphic card. If you are using a higher res remember some people cant afford & lots use lower still.
On contrast either adjust your settings or bin the monitor its fine. The light blue text background is there as does not strain the eye, white tends to.
If they change the blue someone will gripe over the new colour, there have to be more important things in life.

I just tested against a bit of Laser printed A4 & can read the screen from further away than the paper so its very clear, font size was the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imp For This Useful Post: