View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:32 AM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I need some technical Assistance

I assume that you see your old saved games when you are actually running dominions (through "play an existing game"). If that is the case, I suspect that somehow you have ended up with more than one dominion3 folder/directory on your laptop. It has been so long since I used the dominions install from cd that I can't remember the details, but if you uninstall and attempt to reinstall, pay attention to the path. Make sure that when you patch the game that the path is the same. Before you run the game, check the path on the shortcut that you are using (if any) by right clicking on the shortcut and selecting properties from the menu.

It sounds like the shortcut you are using is pointing to an old or otherwise unpatched copy of the dom3.exe while the patch and new installs are going to another location.

I apologize in advance if I am underestimating your familiarity with windows and the directory structures. I hope that it is something simple and not some kind of crazy, corrupted registry issue.

Out of curiosity, is your new laptop using Vista? I am currently running dom3 on Vista, but I installed it originally on my old XP machine. When that machine exploded, I transfered the entire dominions3 directory over to the new machine manually.
Map Forge - Map editor