View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oni Kings analysis. Developers please read

I haven't looked as in-depth into them as you have, but I have played against them a couple of times, now. I would say that increasing the MR of their corporeal form is a good idea, as long as they don't increase the MR of their ghost form. They certainly should not be banished quite as easily as undead, as long as there is still some kind of balance between the two forms. Ie. the corporeal form is best destroyed by missile fire and melee and the ghost form is best destroyed by magic. It means the player fighting Oni Kings has to be more flexible.

As for having no heavy infantry, that's not a huge deal. You can always buy indies for the missile screen if you really want it. From what I can see, there isn't an easy way for an enemy player to figure out how to specifically target your most vulnerable with missile fire.

As for poor research, I thought that was supposed to be counter-balanced somehow in their theme. At least, that's the way their description makes it look. Kind of like how Ulm in Dom2 got less magic than anyone else, but supposedly had things to make up for it (wait a minute....)

=$= Big J Money =$=