View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2021, 08:04 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Here's my thinking concerning BOXER FLW-100/200 (And investigating use of FLW-200 Plus w/Dual fed 20mm HE/AP mixed ammo load.)

GTK BOXER A0: Armed with early version FLW-100 12.7mm or 40mm/GSR 40./SURVIBILITY 5

GTK BOXER A1: Armed with improved FLW-100 same weapons/GSR 45/SURVIBILITY 6 & 7. The A1 when they deployed to Afghanistan were fitted by KMW with "belly armor" steel plate (Not in the field.), which will mean 2 additional units, 4 total for the A1 version.

GTK BOXER A2: Armed with improved FLW-200 and as noted above, the FLW-200 Plus./GSR 50/SURVIBILITY 7. Current improved variant, based on "lessons learned" from the BOXER AO/A1 previous deployments to Afghanistan.

1. I'm seeing the addition of up to 6 more BOXERS.

2. There will be date changes to the right for the existing in game units outside of our "Wag", for everyone else, that's 6 months when we have conflicting dates. That being said, these are again driven by when the Training unit first got their FIRST one OR when the combat unit got their FIRST one.

3. I suspect there'll be other modifications as well.

4. From the BUNDESWEHR website, I'll be submitting around 3-5 new combat vehicles NOT currently in the OOB.

5. Some explanation in my last Posts in here on BOXER, I felt that GSR 60 was a legitimate number for the FLW-200 weapon system. After some thought and just reaching a decision earlier today, I decided against it. Why? Rightly or wrongly, that's because that's where our most modern/newest tanks in or about to be in are currently in the game.

I might be corrected on this notion, but I generally see the newest APC/IFV at (At their upper limit #) GSR 50/55 (w/ATGW). HEAVY IFV GSR 55/60 these are normally your "tank killers" with same for all wheeled or tracked "tanks". AH Helos GSR 70. This if you consider ALL aspects of the running game environment and internal operating systems (Mostly Game Code.)

6. I finally with this "sign of life" would ask that PLEASE DO NOT GET AHEAD OF ME ON THIS. I already know, I need to modify the tanks as submitted in the last Patch.

7. This will almost or be in the same vain, be similar to TURKEY, INDIA, MALAYSIA, INDONESIA AND USA/USMC in scope.

However the big difference is at least I knew it was coming. unlike above, it was more a matter of a piece(s) of equipment causing me to go down the rabbit hole in the above countries i.e. M1A1 FEP, LEOPARD 2T (DOA to ALTAY) etc.

All legitimate issues that however, all required "looking back to look forward" I think most know what I mean here.

Time for my WALK!!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; July 19th, 2021 at 08:45 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: