View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:38 PM

Sergeant

CharonJr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: noob taking a closer look at EA bless, medium

Turn 12

Research up to Thaum 2 was completed this turn and I will try to reach construction 4 next for some path-boosters and Legions of Steel at Con3.

The Farstrikers took the lightly defended province of Midlands without any problems and left my services for a tour with Vanheim.

Arco took Summerlands from my archer defenders with about 20 bear tribe warriors, 6 chariots, 6 Windriders and 2 Myrmidons.

But right after this battle Wyglia, the god of Arco succumbed to its final death due to dominon loss. My prophet at the Arco capital had managed to establish my dominion in Arco's capital province on the turn before. This leaves me to bang on the walls of a now independent fort.

Allsvinn and Gunnlaug continue their slow march through thick forests back to my capital. In hindsight it would have been save to move them via the now secured Marshlands, but better safe than sorry...

On a sour note the lightly defended former Arco province of Mite Marsh in the NE is now held by about 50 indie knights and militias.

5th division will set out to retake Rotmarsh from about 70 indie Bear Tribe Warriors, light infantries and archers.

The way north is "blocked" by 2 indie provinces containing 40 of either heavy infantry and elephants or heavy infantry and heavy cavaleries. But I want to head north since the Sauro capital should be around there. In addition I am fairly confident that 40 heavy infantry and cav will be unable to stop my 30+ Helhirings. But for the moment they keep sieging that ex-Arco fort.

1 Helkarl and 7 Helhirdings are levied with some addition archers and heavy infantries throughout the realm.

3 merc regiments would become available on the next turn, but I lack the money (and the will) to hire them at the moment.

The strong Niefel force west of Fenica has me worried, but with my fast 5th division (3 moves) and the troops I recruit this turn I am confident that I could break a siege of my capital if I had to. With 4 Hanga's in the capital and their skills in death magic (D3) in addition to 3 Helkarls (D1) I am fairly confident that I could frighten away some of this force.

Well, the end of Arco was a bit of an anticlimax...

CharonJr