View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2022, 08:51 AM

Corporal

Akmatov is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Company Level Kampfgruppe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post

So thier battle groups seem to have been more what the French would have called a "demi-brigade" - ie made up of 2 bns of the brigade/regiment acting in concert + added brigade/regimental level assets if needed (engineers, recce, arty, AAA etc) as a "top-up".
Thank you so much, I knew someone here would know!

I'm making a few small organizational changes in a company+ unit for the Long Campaign, which I've never managed to grind through. Divorce and Retirement has opened up a chunk of time, so I'm going to see if I can pull it off.

Since I feel overwhelmed with the map covered in unit counters, I'm going with a slightly modified cold war soviet Advance Party OB, ie reinforced Motorized Rifle Company + Tank Platoon + odds and ends starting out with 1939 era German gear. As far as I know, not authentic, but realistic. This will give me something similar to the NATO era Team Yankee OB, which I'm also going to try out over in winSPMBT. Both OBs give me the smaller troop set I want and a wide span of capabilities.

I actually have adequate references for the 1970-80s Soviets, but there just don't seem any good sources, that I've found, that really cover tactics for German, or really anyone, down around the company level. Kennedy's On Infantry, 1st Ed is about the only thing. If I recall correctly, On Armour is back into abstractions and no lower-level information.