View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2023, 02:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Ukraine OOB New and Old Toys

Actually, I was really looking hard at M2A3+ BRADLEY UNIT 065 to fit the bill for M2A2 BRADLEY ODAS.

1st The timing of UNIT 065 matches perfectly for the introduction of the M2A2 ODAS.

2nd You have to keep in mind that the ODAS was a TRANSITIONAL BRADLEY from what came before it (i.e., UNITS 063 M2A1 & 064 M2A2 (Note END date DEC 1996-which also fits the timeline for ODAS introduction.)

3rd And obviously it would act as the bridge to the M2A3.

4th When we built the "BUSK" the "BEAST" it is as it should be but, too much for the ODAS. Also consider this picture or similar for our BUSK units. But more importantly might act a reminder of what it looks like compared to the existing pictures.
Click image for larger version

Name:	M2A3 BRADLEY BUSK III.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	16823

5th Concerning UNIT 686 ODAS-E it already has the same armor (With exception of the shovel HEAT HF.) as UNIT 065 M2A3+ w/o ERA (ADD).

Whether UNIT 065 meets that "ALL AROUND" RPG & 30mm protection I'm not sure but, I think it's close?

Time to ready for you know what.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..