Thread: Do you carry?
View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:09 AM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you carry?

This thread is just frightening... [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif[/img] ...and reinforces me in trying to minimize my travels to the USA...

Sure, criminals with knives can be defended against by carrying a gun, but what about criminals carrying guns as well to keep up with everybody else?

Even worse is that people seem to be concerned that such crimes might really happen to them with a likeliness high enough to offset the trouble and danger of carrying a firearm. (And I did have had my share of firearms training as a soldier...) It is this "I-know-that-I-am-always-the-good-guy"-mentality that frightens me even more. I am of the arguable personal opinion that there is no such thing as universal-good and unviersal-evil. However, I think that it is less arguable that there is a proper likeliness of human misperception and mis-judgement, especially when under stress and pressure. But you cant take a chance if it is either them or you, right? After all, your criminal opponent might carry a gun as well, right? What about innocent cultural strangers that just happen to act differently?

So I am frightened. Maybe carrying a gun would make me happy again...trigger-happy...