View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default OT - Need Some PC Advice

As some of you already know my new (1-1/2) year old gaming PC's ASUS P5N32-E SLI mobo died on me. Well today ASUS offered to replace it with a P5N-T Deluxe, which I promptly refused.

The P5N-T has a bad rep and is already an obsoleted board. My P5N32-E SLI board, although older, had more features and didn't require odd ball unsupported memory.

My question is this, what the hell do I do now? Chances are that ASUS won't be able to replace my P5N32-E SLI board because they have none. Most of the comparable 775 ASUS boards on NewEgg all have very bad raps.

I am left with a dilima. I have all this great hardware for my P5N that won't work on newer boards. My DDR2 800 memory, which ironically is only six months old, is useless on newer boards.

My Hard drive won't work because my XP sp3 OS will freak out at the sight of a new board. So I'll have to pick up a new HD, and that means figuring out how the hell to use both drives on the same machine. And is NForce 780I (north bridge)up better than the Intel alternative?

So I am asking you guys, you PC wiz heads what mobo would you recommend I buy that will work with the crap I have now?

Asus P5N32-E SLI Quad 680I 775 - Mobo is dead

Intel C2D E 6850 3.0 Ghz 1333FSB (775)
4.0 Gigs Kingston Hyper DDR2 (2 2.0 sticks)
500 Gig Sata II 3/0 GB 16mb 720RPM
EVGA 8800 GT Cards (x2 SLI)

Ultra 600 SLI Ready Power Supply