Thread: Wishlist High level design thoughts
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:06 AM

Private

Balator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: High level design thoughts

Hi guys, I just found out about this game and I'm looking forward to it.

A few things I'd like to see:

1. Huge galaxy with tons of planets as long as there are tools to automate things like building and population migration. I like games that can go on for weeks!

2. Limited range on ships, getting into deep space should be expensive and time consuming.

3. A feature I know I've always wanted was the ability to divide my empire up into named regions of stars and be able to set certain regions to focus on research, ship building, etc.... It might also be useful if a war is going badly to be able to easily order the population of 20 planets to evacuate alpha region and move to the gamma region to avoid getting slaughtered.

4. Near unlimited ship sizes, but costs, upkeep, and build time should increase exponentially to size. I like the idea of big battle ships and carriers being very valuable and strategic assets that are very time consuming and expensive to replace.

5. A setting to drastically increase research and ship construction time. I like a long slow build up to a massive confrontation. In most 4x games, it just seems like by the time you have designed and deployed a couple ships with the latest tech, you have already developed 2 or 3 more tech levels or components. Then you are back designing and refitting ships that are just a few turns old. I'd just like the age of lasers to last for a good long time before the next major weapons development.

6. Ship crews gaining experience in battle

Those are the major items I would like to see and I can't wait to see how this game turns out.