View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:49 PM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road
Default Ulmish Drain magic spell

I was wondering, am I the only one who thinks that this is quite a powerfull spell verging on OP.

Also I am not too sure about its mechanics fully , but I cannot see any counters to it.(MR doesnt seem to negate it) So with this spell(Ulm that already has really good early game with the recend reduction of the enc of their troops) gets a way to counter everything the other nations may have as a strategy this spell is like deamon cleansing, unravelling and wither bones in one. It has a great synergy with tough 20+ protection unbuffed soldiers for a nation with an easy access to earth magic. So you cast that spell and you wait for any special units your opponents might rely on to die from exhaustion(it does take about 10ish battle turns but you can easily outlast them with your high prot units also every turn their creatures become more and more useless(because of the increased chance of crit)).
Also as Ulm you get the easy forge and you get really good thugs/Scs (iron angels) with extremely cheap equipment aswell.

So my question is didnt CBM buff MA Ulm a bit too much?

Also I don't want this to sound like a rant, but if you can point me to any counters to this spell I'll appreciate that.

P.S an additional question if drain magic works like rigor mortis would will of fates(luck) give you 50% chance to ignore the fatigue damage?

Last edited by bbz; February 26th, 2012 at 11:02 PM..