View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2020, 02:32 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

Turn 18 Start

The Russians have started moving would have saved us a load of effort if they had done it a turn earlier.
In the South this cost us a couple of men as was not expecting it & a couple of our units got ganged up on. One of the 3 squad pile did rally & get a shot off but don't think he killed anything.
Movement into the field here has halted we have found the AT Teams though only equipped with mines.
Looks like the AI has deployed them behind the squads again here so an easy kill there are also some up North mixed in with the infantry.

The planes spotted the Pillbox & HMG at A which fired on the 2 squads shown so I am thinking there is a closer unit somewhere by them.
For those that think MGs are not effective it killed 3 men at around 1000m.
Probably need to move tanks up fire dischargers so infantry can move freely then take out bunker & find the other HMG.

Up North positioning to attack the T-34/85 meant we were in a good location when they broke cover here.
Much like previously finding the other ATG while trying to kill the first it played into our hands.
The previous turn we had 4 tanks against 1 & it had been hit by artillery, most shots missed the only hit caused 1 damage to the T-34 so I left them up as we had target lock & high hit chances.
Minor panic when in AI turn firstly the AA Gun opened up & one tank assisted the infantry. Then the other tanks appeared one was killed with first shot at 17% accuracy the other took a few shots. As the AI does it switched between units all fire by & at the original T-34 missed.
Luckily the most Southern MkIV was not distracted by other units & still has target lock showing a 84% hit chance now.

Infantry just south of the road took fire from a pillbox, I am assuming as JagPz has been there a couple of turns it does not have good AT weaponry.