View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:11 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi..a couple of questions from a tightwad?

The game is very good. There are quite a few areas which haven't gotten the attention they deserve, but in that respect Dom3 is atleast comparable in those areas to other games. The areas where Dom3 shines-and there are many-are far and away better than you'll find on most, if not all, of similar genres. For the kind of immersion you're talking about to happen, the game simply needs more attention, and you can't blame the designers, because there's only two of them. I held off buying Dom2 precisely because Dom3 is more complete, and I'm gambling on Dom4 being a polished product, but the money has been very well-spent. Part of the fun for me is analyzing the game, it's strengths and weaknesses, and offering advice on ways the game can hopefully be made better in the future. I really feel that I'm being listened to, and that's a big advantage over a lot of other games. The designers-again their are only 2-are right here, basically at your fingertips, they're friendly and willing to be a part of the community. I would say that if you want the very best game possible in this genre, you'd do well to buy Dom3 and then make being part of the community a part of your gaming experience, and do what you can to help Dom4 be a game you really will enjoy above and beyond the standard purchase.