View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2008, 01:37 AM

Corporal

Maraxus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for 4 modders for fun project

Huh, did I propose that? Was somewhat unintentionally.

My objection is, that there is no real suggestion yet. That should be at least minimally worked out before we decide this. Like: How does this fit together wit the 4-Elements theme???

You know, this is no history, we don't have to stick so striktly to something that really existed. Plus, we should in any case go so far away from earth-history, that this nation can be played on any map.

But now that we are at it, I think the myth of Atlantis (the sunken city, not creatures that breath underwater) is based on that backround.

So, this idea followed, We'd have a metropolis of merchants that is lately invaded by:
- Refugies from Marverni, after they got pushed away by Ulm.
- People of an unknown nation that lost their land to the sea.
- Two groups from Arcoscephale: One following the flow of gold on the trade routes,
- and one coming with more military preasure to stop their trading influence.

Sadly, I see neither air nor fire in "Arcos merchants/military expeditionists". We could easily redirect this to C'tis, however, if you don't mind lizards. Then the Native population could take the Air-Part, or something.

So, now is your part. I'd like to read counter-offers, modifications, clarifications, so that we can then vote on the best concept-design.